View of monastery from keep roof looking W
- View of monastery from keep roof looking W
- Physical Description:
- 1 color photograph
- Image capture by Michael Jones
- Date Created:
- May 18, 2016
- Red Monastery Architectural Conservation
- Sohag, Egypt
- Time Period:
- Early Byzantine Period
- Church towers and Dayr al-Anbā Bishāy (Sūhāj, Egypt)
- color photographs
- Copyright Status:
- Creative Commons License:
- Rights Statement:
- Users must agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the CC BY NC SA license before using ARCE materials and must provide the following credit line: "Reproduction courtesy of the American Research Center in Egypt, Inc. (ARCE). This project was funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)."
- Local ID:
- Project History:
- The American Research in Egypt (ARCE) managed the implementation of the architectural conservation of the Red Monastery in Sohag, Egypt, led by Michael Jones and architect Nicholas Warner. Conservation work was supported by the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities (formerly the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities).
- Funding Agency:
- Conservation of the monument was funded through the American Research Center in Egypt's Cultural Heritage Tourism Project in Egypt (Annual Program Statement) United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Agreement No. 263-A-15-00007.